Tuesday, May 03, 2011

How Did you Find Out about Bin Laden Getting a "Boom! Headshot?"

This is an interesting story on how the media is changing as we are going forward.

In an illustration of how the information world has changed, many people learned through media formats or devices that weren't available a decade ago that the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks had been killed.

"It just kind of spread like wildfire online," said Stephen Vujevica, a student at Immaculata University in Pennsylvania. "It's amazing to see how social media played a part in it."

I found out on my Blackberry when I went to Yahoo to check the Yankees score. So I guess I was at least logged into the Smart phone angle. Most people I know found out on Twitter or Facebook. However, as soon as I read the Breaking News on Yahoo I tuned into the TV. So in my case New Media was my news flash but the traditional media was my information source.

No comments: