Friday, November 05, 2010

Olbermann Suspended for Political Giving

I guess he forgot that you aren't supposed to give to political campaigns when you are pretending to be a newsman.

"I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night," MSNBC President Phil Griffin said in a statement. "Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay."

Olbermann gave the maximum individual donation of $2,400 to three candidates in Tuesday's election: Arizona Reps. Gabrielle Giffords and Raul Grijalva and Senate hopeful Jack Conway, who lost in Kentucky to Republican Rand Paul. (Grijalva appeared on Olbermann's "Countdown" on Oct. 28, the same day the host donated to his campaign; Conway was last a guest in May).

It couldn't have happened to a more nasty sort of person. I stopped watching Football Night in America before the NBC late game because they had Olbermann on the show. Now that they got rid of him I can tune in without having to hear him speak. I guess Olbermann can now begin his new life as an annoying lefty pundit.

No comments: