Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Revamped Wonder Woman: I Don't Like It

I'm sure they wanted to make some changes but this is going too far.

You can almost hear the fanboys screaming. But, according to a popular blog from CNN, there is a reason for the switch. Writer J. Michael Straczynski, who is taking over writing the comic, commented on a DC Comics blog post, "I wanted to toughen her up, and give her a modern sensibility." She's been saving the world for 69 years. If you ask us, it's only fair that she finally treat herself to some new threads.

Here is a look at the "revamped" Wonder Woman. I don't like the jacket at all it looks like it is strait out of the 80s. I have to say that the gauntlets and the belt are kind of cool. I really hate the stirrup pants and goofy looking gold things on her feet. What was wrong with just giving her a Greek style skirt and maybe sandals? She is an Amazon Warrior after all.

At least they kept her powers since I can see she still has her magic lasso. In any case I give the new look 6 months until they switch it back. That is about as long as people could stomach Superman's blue/red lighting costume changes before they freaked out.

No comments: