Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Obama Looks for "Ass to Kick" on Oil Spill

I guess someone finally told him that the detached Spock act is not going to get the job done here. I wonder if he will kick his own ass since he only seems to be reacting emotionally 2 months after the damage has been done.

He told NBC he was looking for some "ass to kick" as recriminations mount and oil reaps a dreadful toll on seabirds, Louisiana wetlands, teeming fishing grounds and idyllic beaches.

He rejected claims he had been too cool, or slow in his response.

"I'm going to push back hard on this because I think that this is an idea that got into folks' heads and the media is running with it.

"I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the Gulf," he said.

Um, people were certainly paying attention on May 2nd when he first went down to the Gulf and flew around in his helicopter. I like how he blames the media as well for pointing out how he didn't seem to care about things happening in the Gulf until just recently. I mean he had time to meet with Marv Albert and talk about the NBA he should have had more time for the spill.

No comments: