Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bible to be Taught in Public School!

Here is a new course on the Bible that shouldn't draw fire by the various militant-atheists out there. I think Bible knowledge is very important to figure out quite a bit of things in society nowadays. You can see how the various religions think and get their basis from. It seems you can really understand Shakespeare better as well. I never knew this about his work:

Students may gain a more nuanced understanding of Shakespeare, with his 1,300 biblical references;

When I was going to school they only taught Bible knowledge in Advanced Placement English which I was one level too low to qualify for. I ended up watching History Channel documentaries and reading the free Bible that the Mormons gave me. I think this would have been a great thing to learn about in High School instead of much later on.

No comments: