Monday, December 08, 2014

Korean Air Flight Diverted Due to Nuts

This has to be a prime example of corporate over-reach if I have ever seen one.

According to AFP, the nutroversy occurred as the plane was taxiing toward the runaway. The VP, Cho Hyun Ah (who also goes by Heather Cho), reportedly got upset because she was served pre-flight macadamia nuts without being asked. Then she really got upset when the nuts were served in a packet instead of a bowl. Cho blamed the chief flight attendant for the grave lapse in nut-serving procedure and had the person booted off the plane.
So they turned the plane around and had it land so she could throw the chief flight attendant off of the plane. That means 250 people were delayed so that the nuts on Korean Air were served correctly. If I were on that flight I would have gone crazy. Hell, I would have opened the stupid packets myself and put them in the bowl so I did not have to go back to the terminal. In any case Cho Hyun Ah is the CEOs daughter so she won't be fired or disciplined at all. I guess people will fly JAL to Korea now so they don't have any nut-related delays going forward.

No comments: