Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Holy Crap! Here comes the Digital Nag. Um, I'm Opting Out Right Now

I was reading a list of Tech Trends for 2015 and this made me look for whatever settings I need to turn this crap off.
“You have an 8:30 a.m. meeting with your supervisor. Last time you met, your heart rate was high. Go to bed early tonight, don’t drink coffee before the meeting and leave home early—traffic will be heavy.” 

That’s how much smarter predictive personal assistants like Google Now and Microsoft’s Cortana will begin to get, thanks to increased information coming from our bodies, cars, Web searches, calendars, GPS location and more. For some reason, Apple has yet to endow Siri with predictive powers. Perhaps that, too, will change in 2015.
Um, wow that sounds like a scary Big Brother style thing if I ever heard one. "Your heart rate has been elevated Dave and you are punching the steering wheel. I am shutting the car down and pulling it to the side of the road. I am flooding the compartment with sedative gas to make sure you sedated" said in a HAL voice. The junction where cyeberspace meets meatspace is a very scary place. That would be a major reason why you don't want to buy a smart watch or have a need to shut down any biometric data getting to the Internet.

No comments: