Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Last Impediment to Buying a XBone has fallen. They are providing a Kinect-less version

Well it seems that when idiot Ballmer goes Microsoft finally starts to make some good decisions. This is one of the main reasons why I haven't bought an Xbone already.

While I admit that Kinect is an incredibly cool piece of technology, I also don’t find it to be particularly useful as far as gaming is concerned. Talking to your console while you’re playing games might be fine if you live by yourself but my wife would absolutely murder me if she had to put up with me constantly shouting out commands to my squad mates in Mass Effect 3. So while I have nothing against Kinect, I also don’t think it’s a piece of technology that’s really worth paying $100 extra for.

Pretty much. I think that paying $100 extra just to say "Xbox On" to turn it on is a huge waste of money. I can push a button on a controller like I have been doing for years. Also if I bought an Xbone I would have put a piece of tape over the camera on the Kinect portion when I was not using it. It would be kind of the same thinking behind putting a sticker over the camera on a laptop. In the days of NSA snooping you can never be too careful. In any case my last argument for not buying the Xbone is gone and I will probably be buying it this summer as well.


No comments: