Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Well Obamacare just Proclaimed a Proverbial Death Sentence for this Cancer Patient

We are going to get far more of these stories going forward.

My grievance is not political; all my energies are directed to enjoying life and staying alive, and I have no time for politics. For almost seven years I have fought and survived stage-4 gallbladder cancer, with a five-year survival rate of less than 2% after diagnosis. I am a determined fighter and extremely lucky. But this luck may have just run out: My affordable, lifesaving medical insurance policy has been canceled effective Dec. 31.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits. 

She liked her doctors and wanted to keep them period. She liked her insurance and she wanted to keep it period. I guess Obama lying bold faced to the American people is going to end this persons fight against cancer. You can blame the evil insurance company but they are being forced by Obamacare to cancel their "substandard" policy that is keeping this woman alive. Hopefully Congress can change the grandfather clause on Obamacare in time before this woman loses her insurance and replaces it with something she cannot afford.

No comments: