Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Have to Agree With Ron Paul: the Boston Lockdown was Too Excessive

Well its very rare that I agree with both Ron Paul and Bill Maher at the same time. Ron Paul said this:

These were not the scenes from a military coup in a far off banana republic, but rather the scenes just over a week ago in Boston as the United States got a taste of martial law. The ostensible reason for the military-style takeover of parts of Boston was that the accused perpetrator of a horrific crime was on the loose. The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city.

While Bill Maher said this:

Maher also said that America is becoming a “police state.”

“I want to talk about the police, who I am a supporter of… Look at this, I mean if this is what you have – why don’t you invade a country? …. I mean go up to Canada – take their oil… This country is becoming a police state. And it is very troubling to me,” Maher said, while showing pictures of police officers patrolling the city and searching for Tsarnaev.

Yeah I think shutting down Boston to catch one guy is way too much of a response to terror. That sets a precedent when the next bomber strikes an entire American city will shut down in order to catch him. Or if the city isn't shut down and the bomber strikes again everyone points the finger at the police.

If the Al-Quida scumbags were smart they would do this every few months until America freaks out. They could even change things up by bombing one month then a spree-shooting the next. I don't think America has the stones to endure terror in the same way that the Israelis have in the past decades.  






No comments: