Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOP Pushes Back Against Medicare Scare Tactics

Well, it is good to see them finally defending their plans to turn Medicare into a voucher program.

In an interview, Stivers said he has been busy explaining to people aged 55 and up that they will see no change in their benefits under the Republican plan which would save nearly $6 trillion over the next decade.

"I talk about how for people 54 and under we are preserving the system, we are reforming it to save it because frankly in nine years if we do nothing Medicare goes broke," he said.

Yeah, pretty much. If it is kept as the current system I will not see Medicare in my lifetime because it would have gone bankrupt decades before I can receive it. I other words all that money I paid into it is pretty much set on fire since I will never see it paid back to me. The system needs to change right now or we will end up with trillions more in debt going forward to keep the current system in place.

No comments: