Wednesday, April 06, 2011

FBI Documents Claim that LAPD might be Involved in Notorious B.I.G. shooting

Now this would be an interesting thing to look into.

Informants told the FBI that the killing of B.I.G., whose real name was Christopher Wallace, may have been aided by corrupt police officers. The heavily redacted case files include several mentions of sources who wouldn't talk to Los Angeles police investigators about Wallace's death because of suspicions about corruption.

The idea that the LAPD aided in the murder or maybe just protected the trigger-men might be an interesting angle for the case. I mean it has been years since he was gunned down and they didn't catch anyone for the murder. I wonder if it was a hit put out by Tupac's people and aided and abetted by corrupt cops in the LAPD? I can see the officers protecting the corrupt cops and not wanting to talk to the FBI. Hmm, it sounds like a cool angle for a "The Wire" episode to me.

No comments: