Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Google Chrome Does Not Work Well on Blogger Posts

This is kind of a strange thing to say but currently Internet Explorer is easier to use to post things into Blogger then Chrome is. You would think that web apps from the same company would work seamlessly but I guess not. I just keep getting this weird error whenever I try to do an Edit Post that I wrote with Chrome:



Notice how the letters are super big like that. That happens whenever I hit the Edit Post pencil on a Blog post that I did with Chrome. You have to reduce the size of the letters in order to edit them and they cannot be changed to Font which I guess is the default font in Blogger. When I hit Publish Post it seems to look okay but the fonts are sometimes messed up. I also notice that this error can be reproduced by cutting and pasting text out of another source (in this case Bloomberg.) and then changing the text color and making them italics.

I have no idea how to fix it but I emailed Google a while back and I have gotten no answer. Maybe I am being too hard on Chrome but you would expect a browser to work seamlessly with Apps made by the same company. Oh well I guess we need to wait until Chrome has a few more months (hopefully not years) under its belt in order to switch to it instead of IE or Firefox. I won't be switching browsers in the meantime.

No comments: