Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ed Koch Stands up for Palin

My respect for this man has just gone up. Even though he is for Obama/Biden he still advocates that people respect Sarah Palin as a person and not try to portray her as a rube or a dullard.

I am for the Obama-Biden ticket. I also believe that in campaigning for that ticket, it is important to be fair to the opposition - McCain and Palin - who are honorable, intelligent, patriotic Americans.

If more on the Left had Koch's feelings that the people on the Right are honorable, intelligent and patriotic Americans then we might even get some discourse and agreement in politics. I think a return to the days of people disagreeing with someone but not disliking them should return. I mean I like Obama and I think he is a well meaning, intelligent sort of guy.

I just think he will put us in the second Great Depression with his tax-us-to-the-moon economic strategies. He is also dangerously naive when it comes to foreign policy but he seems to actually love this country and wants what is best for it. I can only fault his plans for the country and not try to attack the man himself.

No comments: