Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Facebook CEO Apologizes

Facebook is finally doing the walk of shame when their new Ad feature started telling people what they bought them for Christmas.
"It took us too long after people started contacting us to change the
product so that users had to explicitly approve what they wanted to share," he
added. "Instead of acting quickly, we took too long to decide on the right
solution. I'm not proud of the way we've handled this situation and I know we
can do better."

I think they should have known that any opt-out type of program will run no matter what since people usually don't read what they are hitting the okay button for. I guess if they made it an opt-in program because not many people would sign up for a service that advertises what you bought to your friends as if that information is important to them or something.

I guess some people would like to know this stuff but basically it is worthless information. Oh well, I guess Gen Yer and the Millennials are more into sharing this kind of useless information then Gen Xers

No comments: