Friday, May 04, 2007

Introducing the J.Michels Uranium Index

I am now actively tracking Uranium Stocks so I might as well post what I have on my blog. So far I have 7 stocks in my index and will add more as they become available. The other players in the industry are either on the pink sheets or only trade in Canada or Australia. Since I have no access to buying those names. I'll just post the stuff I have that trade in the US. Here are the stocks I have in my Index:

CCJ Cameco
RTP Rio Tinto
BHP BHP Billiton
DNN DENISON MINES
URRE URANIUM RESOURCES
EMU ENERGY METALS
URZ Uranerz Energy

I just weighted the index equally because I don't have time to adjust crap to make things fit together. It would be cool to weight these companies by how many tons of Uranium they mine in a year or how much proven reserves they have or something. I don't have time for that because I'm just doing this for fun.

So what I did was just put 100 shares of each stock into my Yahoo Portfolio and I'll post the results. So far this thing is up 5.81% with most of the gain coming from CCJ.

No comments: