Friday, May 05, 2006

Pixar Okays Disney Buyout

It seems that the Disney brand can finally polish up its image again. I thought this was a real scathing indictment by Iger though against the Eisner years.

"I was at the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland and standing with a few thousand other people watching the parade go by and I realized that there wasn't a character in the parade that had come from a Disney animated film in the last 10 years except for Pixar," Iger said.

"It really hit me hard that we had had 10 years of real failure in many respects in the business that I believe was the most vital to us."

Wow that is a real smackdown on Eisner but sometimes the truth hurts. Pixar has done more for Disney then Disney has ever done for Pixar. Now with them joined up and Jobs with a stake in the new company we may see some real growth in the coming years.

No comments: