Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Gears of War a Hit at E3

Here is a list of new games coming that the guys at Penny Arcade will be buying in the future.

My favorite stuff
Gears of War This was the best looking, most fun game I played at the show. I got to sit down and play a bunch of rounds and it was fucking great.

Bioshock This game is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Tycho will go into detail later. What we saw during the demo really blew me away.

Dead Rising I probably spent more time playing this on the show floor than any other game. I even went back to it throughout the show. Bashing a zombie in the skull with a bowling ball is a real treat. I will say that the lack of co-op play is a crime.

Stranglehold I'm a huge John Woo fan and I didn't expect this game to be any good. After seeing it in action though I'm ready to buy it. I will say that I saw a super move that involved doves flying in slow motion. That's all I need.

Haze I can't really talk about this one but I was impressed. I had never even heard of it going into E3 and now I'm really looking forward to it.

I have never heard of these games except for Bioshock which looks pretty creepy. That game kind of has a Steampunk meets a terrible plague ravaged area feel to it. Oh and the multiple zombies on the screen at once in Dead Rising looks pretty crazy. I loved House of the Dead even though I have only played it at the arcade.

Here is some screen shots from Gears of War. It kind of looks like Unreal tournament mixed with the Imperial Guard from Warhammer 40K. The badguys look pretty nuts and the graphics are the best I have ever seen on a console. In fact they kind of look like cutscenes and not the actual game. However It comes out on November 1 though so that is about the time I will be making the desicion to buy a PS3 or an Xbox360.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after deleting your use of the F-word, I shall distribute your musings to my tribe this week....I already emailed your blog to Tim; whose geek-foo is also mighty.