Monday, April 13, 2015

Rubio Adds Hat to Ring: Wake me up When Everyone is In so I can Begin the Horserace

Hillary on Sunday and now Marco Rubio on Monday.
Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio announced his bid for U.S. president to top donors on Monday, ahead of his formal announcement at a political rally at 6 p.m. EST in his hometown of Miami.

Rubio, a 43-year-old Cuban-American, presented his campaign as a youthful, next-generation alternative to business-as-usual politics and the Washington establishment. 
Actually I would vote for Rubio over Jeb Bush, Hillary, Rand Paul and "Batboy" Cruz. I would like to see another young President even though the last young President we had was a dismal flop. Unfortunately, Rubio seems like he won't get the nomination because of his stand on immigration reform. There are just too many nativists still in the GOP fold to let that stand go. 

In a way I wouldn't mind seeing Carly Fiorina throw her hat in the ring. I mean she has run a large organization before (and it wasn't just a National campaign like Obama) and would be good at the executive aspects of President. However, she was not a good CEO at HP so that would probably hurt her. In any case as long as it isn't Clinton vs. Bush I don't mind.

No comments: