Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Target Finds a Person to Fall on Her Sword: That Person is Chief Information Officer Beth Jacob

In the words of Metallica: Do my dirty work, scapegoat. Do, do my deeds, for you're the one who's shamed.

Target said Jacob's resignation was her decision. But analysts say Jacob, who brought a series of technology initiatives to Target's stores and its website, was a scapegoat.

"Target has been obviously impacted. People are questioning Target's security. And she was the fall guy," said Walter Loeb, a New York-based independent retail consultant.

It doesn't matter to me if Tony Stark is their computer security person I will not buy anything from Target for any reason. You can't give up 40 million credit and debit card numbers when you pretty much sell the same thing I can buy from Walmart for cheaper.

No comments: