Monday, June 10, 2013

PS4 Wins the Console War With a Few Little Words

Well it looks like I am going to be buying a PS4 for sure now.

"You can trade in the game, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever," said Jack Tretton, president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Sony expects most if not all PlayStation 4 owners to have a consistent broadband connection, and said such a connection was necessary to get the most out of the system. But the company stressed that single-player games would still work just fine even when there is no Internet connection. If you enjoy playing single player games online, PS4 won't require you to to check in periodically. "And it wont stop working if you haven't checked in in 24 hours," Tretton noted.

Yup no "always on" internet connection and I can sell my used games to Gamestop so sign me up. Also the idea of booting up a single player game when my internet is down sounds like a winner as well. I have bought several of my games used months after they have come out just to see what they were like. If I had to pay full price I would not have bought them in the first place.

I also like the option of playing a single player game whenever I lose my internet connection as well. No more threat of your X-box now working when you ISP craps out. I remember playing NCAA Football just fine when my internet dropped for several days. I didn't get the Sportcenter Radio thing or updated scores from around the league but everything worked without any interruption. The new XBone would not have let me do that. I just don't like the idea of paying $60 for a game and having it not work when I want it to.

No comments: