Monday, January 07, 2013

Rooollll Tiiiide!!! I want the Stock Market to Go Up!

Well I guess I will be rooting for Alabama according to this article.

When 'Bama reigns, the market, in fact, rises an average of 1.95 percent - modest, to be sure, but better than the average 1.38 percent loss it posts when the Irish wear the crown, according to Bespoke Investment Group.

The Tide have won 14 championships as opposed to Notre Dame's 11. (Read More: Notre Dame vs. Alabama, Likely Most Wagered BCS Game)

In recent times, the disparity has been even clearer.

For the past five times Alabama has won, the market has risen each year with an average return of 10.2 percent.  

Oooh, I love a 10% gain. So its "sweet home Alabama" for me. Plus I have always hated Notre Dame since I was in high school.

No comments: