Friday, November 23, 2012

Senator Saxby Chambliss Turns Back on "No Taxes" Pledge

I guess getting hided in the election is bringing some realism back to Capitol Hill.

"I care more about this country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," Chambliss told Georgia television station WMAZ on Thursday. "If we do it his way, then we'll continue in debt, and I just have a disagreement with him about that."

A vast majority of elected Republicans have signed the pledge Norquist created in 1986, which commits them to voting against tax increases, and it became a type of litmus test among U.S. conservatives.

I mean you cannot even negotiate with the Dems if you cannot raise taxes ever. Maybe there will be some wiggle room on raising taxes on people making over a million or something. As long as they can avoid the fiscal cliff by letting tax hikes go on the table as long as they aren't too excessive and do not target the middle class. I just don't agree that someone making $250K a year should be called rich.

No comments: