Tuesday, March 06, 2007

US. Attorneys Intimidated By Hangups!

Now these are some wimpy attorneys:
A fired federal prosecutor told a Senate committee Tuesday that he felt
"leaned on" and sickened as Republican Sen. Pete Domenici (
news, bio, voting
record
) hung up on him in disgust last fall when told that
indictments in a corruption case against Democrats would not be issued before
the fall elections.

And this is why he was leaned on and sickened:
"He said, 'Are these going to be filed before November?'" former
federal prosecutor David Iglesias, one of eight U.S. attorneys summarily fired
in recent months, told the panel. "I said I didn't think so. And to which he
replied, 'I'm very sorry to hear that.' And then the line went dead."


So Domenici didn't say goodbye and apparently this guy felt leaned on and sickened? Then he recieved another "pressuring" phone call from Rep. Heather Wilson:

Iglesias told the panel he received a call from Wilson about two weeks
earlier, in which she asked him about sealed indictments — a topic prosecutors
cannot discuss. Wilson's question "raised red flags in my head," Iglesias said.


"I was evasive and nonresponsive to her question," Iglesias told
the panel, saying he talked generally about why some indictments are sealed.
"She was not happy with that answer. And she said, 'Well I guess I'll have to
take your word for it." The call ended almost immediately, Iglesias said.


Asked by Schumer if he felt pressured by that call, Iglesias
replied: "Yes sir, I did."


Pressue to do their job? That is unheard of! I think these guys were fired because they didn't do their jobs in a timely manner. So now they know how it is to work in a regular job.

No comments: