Friday, March 08, 2013

12 Frugal Celebs

I think these people need to be an example to the rest of Hollywood their retched excess. Jimmy Kimmel can talk all the trash he wants about Jay Leno but this is a good attitude to have for a rich person in Hollywood.

The late-night host revealed in a Parade column that he only spends money from comedy routines.

"When I was a kid, I had two jobs," wrote Leno. "I worked at a Ford dealership and at a McDonald’s. I’d spend the money from one job and save the money from the other. That’s still the way I am now. I live on the money I make as a comedian, and I put all the TV money in the bank. I’ve never spent a dime of TV money—ever."

I think when he retired he should start a foundation with the TV money and give back to community. Maybe start a mechanics training school scholarship fund. Lady Gaga is also a saver:

Mother Monster tweeted to her followers in December about her bargain buys: "Why do people look at me like I'm crazy when I use coupons at grocery (stores) or try bargaining at retail, IM FROM NEW YORK WHERE IS THE SALE RACK."

No comments: