Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Robin Williams Daughter Chased off of Social Media

Now this is a sad commentary on how people are treated by Anon-assholes online.

While the 25-year-old actress's social media accounts were flooded with mostly well wishes, a few anonymous users criticized the fact she didn't post enough pictures of her father; several sent graphic photoshopped images along with crude and hateful remarks.

"I will be leaving this account for a [sic] but while I heal and decide if I'll be deleting it or not. In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends," she shared on Instagram alongside a photo of a butterfly. "Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary. There are a couple throughout, but the real private moments I shared with him were precious, quiet, and believe it or not, not full of photos or 'selfies'.

So they attacked her for not having enough pictures of her dad on social media? I'm glad I deleted my Facebook because people out in social media land are nuts.

No comments: