Thursday, October 24, 2013

Insane Pastor Attacks Girls Scouts: "Antithetical to a biblical vision of womanhood?"

What is so good about the biblical vision of womanhood? Those times were brutish and horrible and tribe wiped out tribe the the last man. People rarely lived past their 30s and many women died in childbirth. And people wonder why the Religious Reich get such a bad name?

Most recently, Pastor Kevin Swanson this week used his show, His Generations Radio, to denounce the Girl Scouts as "a wicked organization" whose "vision of America is antithetical to a biblical vision of womanhood." He urged listeners not to incur the Almighty's wrath by buying Tagalogs and Do-Si-Dos, saying, "I don't want to support lesbianism, I don't want to support Planned Parenthood, and I don't want to support abortion. And if that be the case I'm not buying Girl Scout cookies."

If my Samoas money goes into supporting lesbianism, Planned Parenthood, and abortion then I really should buy more. I'm pretty sure Pastor Swanson is reading quite a bit more than is normal into the Girl Scouts and what they stand for.




No comments: