Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New Batteries Might be Able to Charge 1000 times faster

Now I want this invention to be fast tracked.

One might think that such a powerful battery would requie ample time to recharge the device, however this isn’t the case. The batteries are capable of charging 1,000 times faster than competing technologies, thanks in part to the fact that they are 30 times smaller.

“Imagine juicing up a credit-card-thin phone in less than a second,” the university’s press release reads.

If you can add this to something like a powermat then it will change the world. I would just love the idea of putting my phone on a small mat before boarding a long flight and it is charged just like that. I wonder if these powerful mini batteries can go into cars? I would love to have an electric car that charges to full in the time it takes to fill up a tank of gas. 

No comments: