Monday, January 30, 2012

Amish Project: Interesting But Sad in a Way

This writer cut the digital cord for 90 days and he seems better for the experience.

Were there people who said, "I'm just not going to participate in this. If you can't answer my texts, I don't need to talk to you."
 
Reilly: Yeah, I mean, I definitely just lost complete contact with people that normally would have been part of my life. I mean it's also an interesting metric for your life to see who some of your closest friends are, you know, and who's willing to take the time. I started to feel bad for them, too, because it definitely became a nuisance, but, yeah, it definitely changed the level of, or the number of friends that I had and the level of contact that I had with them. 

I guess he saw who is "friends" were ie Facebook friends and who his real friends were. I mean the idea that people lost complete contact with him because he cut the digital cord says a lot about them. I wonder if these superficial "digital friends" are going to be the norm for 20-somethings going forward?

No comments: