Monday, June 20, 2005

It will cost $3,365,449 to be Batman

That is what Forbes Magazine thinks. Most of the money comes from the Batmobile and his Bruce Wayne Alter ego's living expenses. That sounds about right I think. I think the bat suit and the utility belt would cost a bit more but I guess that's okay.

The thing I wonder about is how they figured out Bruce Wayne's Net worth of $6.3 billion? I guess they interpolated that Wayne Industries was mostly a technology and weapons manufacture firm. So it would be similar to a Northrop Grumman.

To control half of NOCs outstanding shares it would cost about $10 billion or so. From what I read in the comics Wayne is supposed to hold a majority position in his company. So his shares would be worth about that much if his company traded like NOC. So it seems Wayne Enterprises is trading at a deficit to other defense concerns.

I guess the acquisition of the Daily Planet (it's talked about here) wasn't such a good idea because it seems to have diluted the business. Wayne should think about acquiring other defense firms before he makes his company a media company or whatever direction he seems to be heading in now.

No comments: